6 Easy To Make Cocktails Using Tiesta Tea
If you are looking for some unique cocktails to spice up your next girls night - we got you covered! We have partnered with our friends at Tiesta Tea to bring you guys the tastiest, most innovative cocktail (and mocktail) recipes that will have your girlfriends begging for your secret (hint: it’s Tiesta’s delicious brews!).
Tiesta Tea is a Chicago based company (we love our local friends!) that sells one of a kind flavors of loose leaf tea at a price we can all get behind. If you want to try before you buy, please join us and Tiesta Tea for our first event together on March 31st. We will be serving their signature Maui Mango Mimosas all day long, and you will also get a great yoga class in and some shopping. You can see details and sign up here.
But if you can't join us at this exciting and fun event, then at least read the rest of this blog for our favorite Tiesta Tea recipes. We took the liberty of experimenting with different teas (and liquors) to craft drinks that are sure to satisfy everyone’s taste buds. Let's make this week’s brunch one to remember!
Featuring @geenicolette in our Grey Mantra Tee and Mesh Leggings sipping Tiesta's Maui Mango Tea
1. Blueberry Wild Child Cold Brew Tea Mocktail
Blueberry Wild Child Cold Brew Mocktail
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Rosemary Sprig, Stripped
- 1 TBSP Agave
- 1/4 Lemon Juice
- 8 oz Blueberry Wild Child Cold Brew Tea found at @target
- 4 oz Sparkling Water
- 2 Cup Crushed Ice
1. Mash blueberries with rosemary & agave until it reaches a jam-like consistency. This shouldn’t take long - just really use that bicep strength!
2. Add the blueberry concoction, lemon juice and a bit of ice into a cocktail shaker. Cover it up and shake it to your heart's content.
3. Strain it into an ice-filled glass and top it off with Tiesta’s Blueberry Wild Child Cold Brew Tea and a splash (or more) of sparkling water.
4. Garnish with fresh blueberries & a rosemary sprig to make it as insta-worthy as it is delicious.
With the spring season FINALLY upon us, it's time to put some color back into our lives... and our drinks! This mocktail is the perfect combination of fruit and herb - making it just as refreshing as it is gorgeous. You can enjoy this mocktail as you enjoy the budding flowers coming into view - just be sure to snap a quick pic of your masterpiece and tag @jorikiyoga and @tiestatea!
2. Blueberry Black Magic Jello Shots
Blueberry Black Magic Jello Shots
Makes 24 Jello Shots
- 24 Plastic Shot Cups With Lids
- 1 Baking Sheet (to place the cups on in the fridge)
- 3 oz Berry Blue Jello Mix
- 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 Cup Blueberry Wild Child Cold Brew
- 1/4 Cup Vodka
- 3 oz Grape Jello Mix
- 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
1. Layer #1: Mix together the blue jello with some boiling water and stir until it has completely dissolved. While it is still hot, stir in the Blueberry Wild Child cold brew tea and some vodka (yay!). Fill each cup halfway with the blueberry mixture. These are two layer jello shots, so place the cups in the fridge and chill until the first layer of jello is about to set (4-5 hours).
2. Layer #2: You know the drill - mix together the grape jello and boiling water, stirring until the powder is dissolved. Just mix in cold water and vodka this time - no tea. Let the jello cool, then pour it over the first layer, filling the cup. Snap those lids back on, and let the shots refrigerate overnight. Wake up the next day and get the party started as early (or late) as you want - these shots will stay fresh for a few days!
If you have long graduated from college and are feeling nostalgic - this recipe is perfect for you! These are like the classic jello shots we all enjoyed as undergrads, but with a (somewhat) mature twist. Whip up these bad boys for your next barbecue, and and have all of your friends reminiscing over simpler, more carefree days.
3. Chunky Watermelon Margarita
Chunky Watermelon Margarita
Makes 4, 16oz Margaritas
- 1/2 Cup Chunky Watermelon Tea
- 32oz of Water
- 5 Shots Tequila
- 3 Shots Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup of Lime Juice
- 1 Mini Watermelon
- Salt (Or Sugar)
- 6 TBSP Matcha
1. Fill a 32 oz pitcher with water and the Chunky Watermelon Tea. Allow the tea to steep in the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
2. Since this isn’t an ordinary margarita, we can’t use an ordinary rim recipe. For this unique marg, combine salt or sugar with something special - matcha! Rim the margarita glasses with some watermelon, then dip it in this delicious and energizing combination.
3. Once the tea is ready, it’s time to get this party started and add in the tequila, triple sec and lime juice right into the pitcher and mix.
4. Fill each glass 2/3rds (or completely) full with the mixture.
5. Add ice until full.
6. Place watermelon chunks onto the glass as a garnish Cheers!
Where are all of our marg-lovers at?! This is an amazing, fruity twist on a classic margarita that is actually (kind of) good for you! Tiesta’s Chunky Watermelon Tea is in their line of immunity teas, which are curated with a variety of vitamins and nutrients to fuel your body. Purchase this tea ASAP to have a guilt free bottom’s up!
4. Maui Mango Mimosa
Maui Mango Mimosa
Makes 4, 8oz Mimosas
1. Steep the Maui Mango tea in 16z of cold water for 2-3 hours.
2. Once the tea is ready, fill each champagne flute halfway with the tea.
3. Top it off with some champagne and a quartered orange slice for some flair. Enjoy!
If you are a bottomless brunch regular and have tried every mimosa under the sun - we have something new for you! This Maui Mango mimosa is not only low cal, but it also increases energy to help you skip that post brunch nap and be as productive as possible. If you want to try this amazing mimosa be sure to come to our Yoga + Tea Mimosas event on March 31st!
5. Lavender Chamomile Mint Mojito
- 1 Cup Brewed Lavender Chamomile Tea
- 1/2 Cup Lemonade
- 1/2 Cup Lavender Flower Simple Syrup (1/4 Cup Sugar, 1/4 Cup Lavender Flower Water)
- 1/4 Cup White Rum
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- Dried Lavender Flowers
- 1 Cup Ice
1. Brew the Lavender Chamomile tea and set it aside to cool.
2. In the meantime, prepare the simple syrup. Combine the lavender flower water and sugar, then bring it to a boil.
3. Keep the heat on high and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Set it aside and let it cool.
4. In your cocktail shaker, muddle together the mint leaves and lemonade.
5. Add the Lavender Chamomile tea and simple syrup into your shaker, and you know the next step - shake it up!
6. Pour it into a glass of ice, and garnish it with dried lavender flowers and mint leaves to make each sip equally calming and delicious.
If you are someone who enjoys a drink at the end of the day to simply relax - this unique mojito is for you! Tiesta’s Lavender Chamomile Tea will have you feeling so serene as the stress of the day melts away. You could always sip on this delicious tea by itself, but when you are feeling like you deserve a treat (we all do sometimes) reach for this recipe.
6. Ginger Sweet Peach Mule
Ginger Sweet Peach Mule
Makes 2, 8oz cocktails
- 3 oz Brewed Ginger Sweet Peach Tea (use 3 tbsp of loose tea leaves; 8 oz of water when brewing)
- 1.5 oz @smirnoffus Vodka + 1/2 Cup Ginger Beer
- 1/2 Cup Peach Cubes (frozen)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon Wedge
1. For this drink, we’re going to use PEACH ice cubes (yum). Cut up as many peaches as you wish into little cubes. Place them in a plastic bag and leave them in the freezer for 1-2 hours. (Bonus: these add a delicious, light peach flavor in a plain glass of water!)
2. Brew up our Ginger Sweet Peach Tea in 8oz of boiling water and steep for 12 minutes.
3. After steeping is complete, set the tea aside to cool.
4. Now for the fun part - combine 3 oz of the tea & one shot of vodka in a glass.
5. Top your concoction off with the lemon juice and ginger beer, then stir.
6. Drop in a few peach ice cubes and garnish with a lemon wedge. Bottoms up!
While we love a classic mule, we have to say that this Ginger Sweet Peach Mule hails a (very) close second! The peach ice cubes keep your mule cold without watering it down - and boy, do they look cute! Next time you have one of your mule-loving friends over, treat them to this version and they will be begging you for the recipe.
Any of these drinks are sure to be crowd pleasers, but please let us know YOUR favorites! You can find us on Instagram @jorikiyoga to share your photos and thoughts on these recipes, and please make sure to also tag @tiestatea. If you guys would rather someone else make you a drink, don’t forget to sign up for our Yoga + Tea Mimosas event on March 31st. The drinks will be provided by our awesome friends at @tiestatea and the class will be led by one of our favorite Chicago yoga instructors, @geenicolette. Hope to see you there!